Monday - 31-01-11 - Adaptation pin boards

The 2nd years have now been working on their adaptations project for a few weeks now, and they have been exploring different methods and processes in lessons based around the novels of "romeo & Juliet", "Frankenstein" and "his Dark materials. I have group 2B on a Monday twice so it is a great opportunity to create a larger task that can be carried out over the whole day. I Found out about artist Debbie Smith through blogger, and her conceptual method of drawing large in string. I decided to take the opportunity to divide the class into 3 groups representing a novel each and to explore this notion of drawing with pins and string. I also arranged one of my 1st years to film this as I knew the boards would only stay with us temporarily, Check out DRAWING WITH STRING at South Essex College.

No comments:

Post a Comment