27-04-12 - New Book "Fuse"

FUSE started out as a collection a magazines produced in the mid 90's by iconic graphic designer Neville Brody. Each magazine consisted of visual inspiration and documentation on a particular theme and produced various content on designers covering branding, typography, print and everything else design orientated. I have been aware of Neville and his work for many years, and had even heard of "FUSE", yet I had never manged to of got hold of a copy nor ever read one. 

Around once a week I drop into Magmas website looking for new and upcoming books that may pick my brains, for me they are my ultimate resource and keep my inspiration going. I noticed that under the graphic design section Tachen had just released a new book entitled "Fuse 1-20" and immediately I had to get my hands on it. I have not spent a massive time looking through this yet but I can tell you from what I have seen and the fact that it is going to be a limited edition run, that all those with an interest in graphic design need a copy. 

The most interesting bit and most surprising really is that when FUSE magazine was released much like creative review does now, each front cover was designed by a special guest designer that made FUSE magazine a collectors item. Taschen have been kind enough to not only bind all the issues together in one micro glossy book, but they have also given each buyer a copy of 10 front covers in the form of an A2 poster (f you could only had seen my face). I cannot wait to get my posters on the wall and my head into this book. BUY IT!







No comments:

Post a Comment