13/03/13 - Visiting Lecturer at Ravensbourne

Over two years ago, I planned to meet back up with my old course leader at Ravensbourne Professor Layton Reid, and finally managed to fins some time in the schedule where both were free to meet up. Its always a pleasure being asked to come back to Ravensbourne, a place that for three years was my home, course and life! since the move to Greenwich Peninsula Ravensbourne has adopted a whole new culture and move in the steps of digital technology and creating a fast passed society that lives within skin of the building. Visiting Ravensbourne now as a lecturer and no longer a student gives me a very different reasoning and agenda, I want to find out how other institutions are working, what exciting prospects and opportunities are they allowing their students and overall how does it feel studying at the new Ravensbourne (I have considered that this may be on the list for and MA). 

 Layton had planned my vbisit just perfect with a full year three FMP group critique going on held by two of the guest lecturers that I had when studying, I also managed to meet Tim Pyne (an eccentric creative who I had worked briefly with on a project in my 1st year of degree). Time has been working in partner with the new hosing development to cater for student halls of residence, I was given the opportunity to be taken on site and to have a look at the progress of the building and to give some feedback on the potential layout. I feel that it is key to keep my contact with Ravensbourne as strong as possible, with my course being a natural feeder, by visit who sparked opportunities with HR where recently my students were invited to and attended Easter workshops held by Ravensbourne. Below are a few photos to give you an idea of the house style of the BA Interior Design Environment Architecture program.



No comments:

Post a Comment