17.06.13 - UAL Event

Well after much speculation and recent events of staff leavings and changes it has been confirmed that I will be leaving my role as Level 3 Art & Design Course leader, and have been appointed as the new pathway leader in "Print & Design" for the UAL (University of Arts London) level 4 Foundation Diploma in Art & Design. To gain clarification of the course and an insight into the expectations, myself alongside the newly founded team took at trip up to Nottingham where UAL held an external event at new Nottingham College. 

The events main aims were to discuss the year just gone, highlighting any factors of success and areas for development, alongside an introduction to any changes due to take place as of September 2013. Another main focus was assessment and in particular ensuring that across the country colleges delivering the qualification kept a level of assessment and standards that swept across the board. It was an opportunity for us as a new team to have a look at Nottinghams' students work, their exhibition and assess according to the UAL grading criteria. Overall, it was really beneficial in agreeing grades not only as a team, but to then find out we were correct according to the external about the marks giving, (a bit of confidence embedded into the team). 

The prospect of going onto the Foundation Diploma initially caused doubts in my mind, I was really pleased with my development and progression on the level 3 course and alongside my former colleague Lee, and felt we had recently found a strong brand identity and house style of work. Not only that but the opportunity to write the new course modules as we transferred over into UAL was something that I felt was a great development point. Having spent many weeks discussing the potential of next year I have started to see the benefits in other areas of development, my CV and a new challenge that is something I always strive off of. I will certainly continue being creative and continue to progress, and of course I will continue blogging, it will just be in a new role.


No comments:

Post a Comment