Tuesday - 29-03-11 - Hand made sculptures

The new year 1 project "Location location" started last week but with all the deadlines and marking taking over I never really got to get into my lesson as I would have liked to. With year 1 going into their chosen pathways after Easter I decided this was a perfect time to have a lot of fun with some crazy lessons, and show the students that graphics isn't all about CAD and computers but is essentially a form of visual communication in a variety of formats.

Based on the designer Mark Jenkins and in regards to this weeks sub theme of "Everyday" I wanted the team to produce some mini test pieces that will later influence their skills when we take this lesson outside of the college environment. Mark Jenkins produces body sculptures and places them into different locations creating shocking scenarios, his materials and chosen process - cello tape wrapped round human forms. I must say that the team thoroughly enjoyed the task and there were a few cry's as to why they didn't pick graphics next term. (this was my cunning plan)


No comments:

Post a Comment