Friday - 18-11-11 - Fulham Wharf hit by consumerism

Today I was sent a picture my my designer and graduate friend Dan Evans who studied with me on BA IDEA at Ravensbourne. As part of my final major project I worked on the design of a concept to resurrect the derelict building that is Fulham Wharf. I spent over 5 months on this project and visited the building many times becoming "one could say" attached to the aesthetics that this building held. Fulham Wharf has been derelict for over 20 years with passers by only ever witnessing the front facade of the building when entering Sainsburys' located next door. I would have aspired to have seen this building take on a new function and be restored to its former self, however I am sad to say that because of the impact of mass consumerism we have once again lost another great piece of architecture to "A fucking supermarket". Thank god, the main building is listed and therefore will not be demolished.


No comments:

Post a Comment