Thursday - 10-11-11 - Bembo's Zoo

With my year 2 Graphic students continuing to work on "Structures" I have related a large amount of my tasks on Type, Image, Architecture. This has been part of my plan to open them up to a variety of new techniques and subjects. I discovered Bembos' Zoo last year when working on a 1st project, the site is flash media based and comprises of animals made up of the letter forms. The whole process is exciting to watch, and highly effective when discussing the structure of type and how it can lend itself to communicate imagery. As we had just come back from a trip up London I wanted the team to create a reaction to Bembos' Zoo but to choose a building rather than an animal. There were some creative and effective outcomes, overall I think it gave the class a headache but the task was accepted and met.





St Paul's Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment