Wednesday - 15-02-12 - Joself Albers in America

Today was my last day of my trip in college and I was so excited beyond belief to finally visit one of my favourite buildings ever since I started studying deisgn and architecture. The pomideou centre in Paris is an open case structure designed by iconic architects Renzo Piano and Richard Rogers

As much as I could continue to disucss the essence and structure of this building the galleries and artwork situated inside just completes the overall experience and made my trip. One of the most eye catching exhibitions within the centre was Joself Albers Paintings on paper. This exhibition shows Joself Albers experimental work with colour, looking at tonal references, juxtposing and his and infamous findings  on the homage to the square. Each wall consisted on one main colour and as you walked around the space the colour reference changed taking you through the workings of his ideas and findings. An absolute amazing exhibition and I would recommend anyone who has a slight interest in art and design to follow up on his work and use him as a key reference.












No comments:

Post a Comment