Monday - 09-04-12 - Damien Hirst "Design Inspiration"

As most of you may be aware if you have any interest in the Art & Design world, that Damien Hirst has recently brought his life's work to London's Tate Modern. He was also documented on Chanel 4 a couple of weeks ago where by Noel Fielding was lucky enough to get a private tour and first glimpse around the exhibition and was able to discuss Damien's true reflections and interest about his work. I have always been aware of Damien Hirst and like most probably known of him for his tanked shark and his diamond skull. 

I am attending the exhibition along with the rest of the design team and the students in a couple of weeks but now having seen the recent documentaries I must say that I am and will forever be inspired by Damien Hirst. His discussions, approaches, and methods are unrecognised and have really made just want to create work. Over this last couple of weeks I have been discussing with people his dot/circle paintings and that this had kick started my brain to start considering other shapes that through repetition of colour and scale could create such an impact (more of this to follow). For now I leave you with some images of his work and will be posting up my personal experiences when I go to the exhibition in around 2 weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment