Sunday - 08-04-12 - New Generation

It is always great to see people I know share the same interest in Design and attempt to push boundaries just as I attempt to day in, day out. A couple of months ago I was introduced to Michael Donovan who is a current Year 2 Graphic Design student studying at Nottingham Trent University. Although we were introduced in different circumstances it is our love for Graphic Design that has made me want to blog about him. Michael has produced a rich body of work so far with each piece capturing his style of bold colours and rich illustrations.

His newly finished website MJD accompanied by a blog documents all of his projects to date showcasing both personal and educational projects and several design competitions including D&AD and the Puffin Student awards in which Michael is awaiting for this years results. Below is a personal favourite of mine from his website where by he has produced a collection of posters for the infamous nightclub that is "Ministry Of Sound". He has produced artwork that captures movement, light and the mood that any good raver would recognise, I wish him the best of luck with this years design competitions and I am sure at some point I will get him to come and talk to my students at South Essex College.




No comments:

Post a Comment