06-07-12 - New Designers

Once again I took the opportunity to visit this years New Designers show at The Business Design Centre in Islington London. The standard of work is unraveling and gets stronger every year. Like last year I overwhelmed myself with taking brochures of work ready to insight and fill my current year 2 students minds with come September.

The graphic design and illustration this year was by far one of the highlights and this is not due to it being my subject matter. Some of the students concepts and execution was staggering, and with one particular stand which stood out to me being Havering College. Now only in its 2nd year of running, the work was of an extremely high standard and held a real sophisticated and playful approach to its branding.

New designers is a great way to source current design trends, competition and to physically see the work that I would like my students to aspire to. This is one show I would deeply recommend, even if you are not going onto Higher education, it makes a great day out.


No comments:

Post a Comment