19-08-12 - Rob Ryan @ Charleston Gallery

As previously posted up, I mentioned that artist Rob Ryan was exhibiting a small collection of his prestigious works for the Charleston Gallery summer show in Lewes. Charleston Gallery was home to artists Vanessa Bell and Duncan Grant who formed a collaborative group of artists, writers and poets known as "Bloomsbury". The house still holds many original works produced, not to mention the entire house and its furniture being decorated by the artists. Rob Ryan's collection of handmade paper cuts and ceramic pieces were a marvelous sight, and for too long have I only been able to see his work in books and online. The exhibition is free and runs until 2 September, there is also a shop with some of Rob Ryan's work available to purchase. I thoroughly enjoyed going out to Charleston Gallery and experiencing both Rob's collection along with the house, gardens, English tea and scones I had. I cannot wait to get back into the studio and start drafting some ideas and creating some of my own paper cuts, as well as working with the students.






 



No comments:

Post a Comment