14-07-12 - Designer Polar Bear

Like all good artists and designers, we like to keep hold of our childhood memories as a drive and still to this day find the topic matter inspiring and needed in our lives. "Well I do". From having my favourite children's film tattooed on my body to collecting the famous soft toy characters that promote consumerism and bring a smile on to my face when entering my room. Birdseye are very much on trend this year like other brands such as "PG Tips and "Go Compare" they to have incorporated a soft toy character to represent them and inspire people to eat frozen peas and fish. Not only that, they have made an indefinite amount of people extremely happy or unhappy depending on whether you were one of the lucky ones to get your hands on a limited edition "Clarence the Birdseye Bear". I have been meaning to post about this for a month or so as I was one of the original unfortunate ones to have missed out on the "Polar bear" extravaganza and I didn't even realise you could get your hands on him until it was too late. To my absolute surprise and thanks to my amazing girlfriend who supports and attempts to understand my strange ways, surprised me with one as a birthday present. He now sits peacefully and securely with the PG tips gang. 


He is smaller than the one used in the adverts but none the less has made me smile since his arrival. (The badge is from artist Rob Ryan)



No comments:

Post a Comment