22-07-12 - Olympic Sculptures

If not by being slightly disturbed then definitely by coincidence, I came across an obscure sculpture and installation in my local park on Sunday. "Nothing set in stone" designed by Mila Calix is a reactive installation piece that when stood by and around plays a weary slightly horror film song. It was only when I was walking around Fairlop waters nature reserve in Redbridge Essex that I heard what could only be described as "Small girls singing in the bushes". It was only until I walked further on and up the path to where the sculpture was situated that I could take in what it was all about. I do enjoy that the local area where I live has embraced the Olympics and that the major of London is funding pieces of artwork and installations to be site specific in public places. I believe it plays a great role in keeping people interested in art. I must say that if you were to be around the sculpture at night it would be something like that of the Blair witch project.




No comments:

Post a Comment