22-09-12 - TENT London 2012

It is that time of year again, September always welcomes London's design festival, hosting a range of events, talks and exhibitions for the public to access. A personal favourite is Tent London, something that I was only introduced to a couple of years ago. The truly exciting event invades London's Truman Brewery for a 3 day event showcasing 100's of new innovative artists and designers. This year Tent seem to be be busier than ever and wow was there some absolute delights to go and view. As in previous years I have always gone up to Tent London as part of a trip that we run we our year 1 students to give them a taste of the design world. This year however I managed to find a day to visit Ten London without students and really spend some time networking and discussing ideas with many of the exhibitors, out of this I have been giving an official invite to Private architecture opening event taking place later in the month, a potential guest speaker and met a fantastic lady who may design and build me an entire portfolio case out of paper.

Something different that I noticed this year was that graduates had jumped onto Tent London's band waggon, graduates from Bath, Brighton and others were exhibiting a range of works that really showcased innovative thinking and future success. It was great to see such a collective of new graduates, fresh designers who had recently set up companies and those who exhibit at Tent each and every year.

I could go on and on about Tent for ages, but If you have the slightest interest in the world of design, this is the place to be. Put London Design Festival in your calenders!. As I found myself talking to most of the exhibitors, I completely forgot to document much of what was going on however below are some images of the event I did manage to take and a list of designers who I felt were truly inspirational during my visit.

Suzanne Goodwin - Interiors/ Prints


Jay Watson - Furniture and lighting design




Dennis Parren - CMYK Light






No comments:

Post a Comment