10-10-12 - Print My Cat!

I have been waiting to post some new student work up for ages, so much has been going on in the design studio and I just have not had the time. The next 6 weeks especially are going to see the production of some fantastic design work (all which will be posted up). 

The new cohort of 1st years have been with us now for 6 weeks, and in that short amount of time I have witnessed some great creative work taking place. There seems to be a lot more characters this year? Mischievous designers who just absorb themselves into whatever  is thrown at them. The images below were produced by Liam using traditional mono printing methods. Liam has an obsession for cats and wanted to use this as an initial theme to produce responses from. He suddenly found himself surrounded by a wall of cat prints, all of which actually arrived from an accidental experiment. This just goes to show that experimental printmaking can produce results. I look forward to see how Liam develops these prints, but for now I will leave you with these mesmerising images of the repeated cute cat.




No comments:

Post a Comment