19.08.13 - New dawn, new day & New term for me

Well, what a summer break it has been for me, I have been busier than ever and even before I broke for the summer, new plans were discussed and put in place. I have officially left my position as Course team leader of Level 3 art & design and despite looking forward to the prospect of writing all the new year 2 modules and having such a good year 1 group, I am pleased to say my new and official role at South Essex College is Pathway Leader in Visual Communication for the UAL Level 4 Foundation Diploma in art & design.

Personally I feel this is a great step in the right direction in terms of professional practice and the level at which I enjoy most. The students on the course have either experienced either A-Levels or one of our Level 3 courses that now wish to take on boards the challenge of a fast paced foundation diploma to essentially build a creative portfolio. The entire team has now restructured and changed with some of my closest colleagues being part of the new team (always helps working with close friends to share that some drive and ambition). I have had delivery experience on the foundation since arriving at the college back in 2010, yet never the opportunity to run one of its creative pathways and write new program and material.

Another added challenge which I will discuss in further at a later date is that we have an exciting and refreshing challenge in the way of oversees students arriving. If you are a regular reader of my Blog you would know that back in May I designed promotional material for the course, that my faculty manager presented to several colleges and agency's out in China. Well between the material I designed and my managers presentation we must of done something right, as we have had several students confirm interest and apply for a position.

This academic year for me I feel is a chance to really put into perspective all that I have achieved at the college so far, with my teaching degree completed and with the responsibility of pathway leadership rather than course I can really get my head stuck into my creative output and my leaner's work. I feel it is also a key opportunity for my to start creating a teaching practise portfolio. Documenting not only the material I design and deliver, but the outcomes and student experiences showcasing my rich and diverse contribution to teaching art & design. For now though, I have a few weeks to work with the team in creating a dynamic and rigorous creative program that will excite not only the students, but myself and my team. Everything I deliver is going to be posted up, so please keep your eyes peeled, a lot is coming your way.





No comments:

Post a Comment