06.12.13 - Wooly bodybag

As the winter term slowly comes toward an end ready for the x-mas break, final bodies of work have also come in ready for summative assessment. On Friday I had an opportunity to see in person a piece of work that I had been waiting for "ever since the concept and idea was discussed with the student". Now the idea of creating a body bag could ask questions as to "what the project was about" and "what seeds am I planting into my students heads?", however responding to a project entitled "Alternative" the concept behind the work was to take an existing product and create a replacement that created an alternative in visual form, appearance and notion to the original function. 

The woolly body bag or as I preferred "Cocoon" captures the ever portrayed theme of beauty and death, a creative aspect that has been captured by many well known artists. The quality of the outcome has amplified the standard of work we now expect to come fourth and the final photograph where the students had photographed the body bag in an existing morgue with the designer inside pays absolute tribute to the dedication behind the work produced. My Friday kick started with me getting into my new must have fashion accessory and causing some rather original facial expressions, as my students witnessed their tutor on the table wriggling around like a giant caterpillar.





No comments:

Post a Comment