26-07-12 - SPQR Newspaper

Anyone who knows me as a work colleague, lecturer and even as friends and family knows my love for the artists that is Rob Ryan. he is a constant reference to my enthusiasm for paper craft and printmaking and inspires me to teach art without a shadow of a doubt. The only thing that would stop me from teaching is to work for him (and that has not happened because I have not applied yet haha). Anyway, as I regularly look at Robs Blog and other websites informing me of what the main is up to, I was informed that Rob and his team were releasing a quarterly based newspaper about the work of Rob Ryan and everything that is Ryan town. Silly to say they arrived through my door 4 days later and I cannot stress how motivating they are. full of new works, test pieces and just a general insight about how Rob has come to be so successful. Of course to photograph the entire newspaper would defeat of purchasing your own copy, however I have photographed some of the pages to give you a taste. If you are a fan of Rob Ryan or like what you see below then he will be exhibiting both ceramic and paper craft pieces at Charleston Gallery in East Sussex during the summer.





No comments:

Post a Comment